What is the Difference between a Cloud Hosting and a VPS Hosting?
Difference between Cloud Hosting and VPS Hosting
- In a Cloud Hosting if a physical server fails, then there is an option of migrating cloud servers into another physical server without experiencing an outage ; in VPS hosting this is not available .Here it is seen that when any physical server fails all the VPSs on that server fails.
- A cloud platform has multiple servers, so customers has the benefit of having unlimited storage, maximum bandwidth, managed load balancing service ; in VPS hosting storage is based on physical server limitations. Once the customer reach the maximum VPS capacity, he has to buy more space or look for some other options.
- In cloud hosting one will be only paying for the services which he has used ;in VPS hosting if the traffic suddenly goes down the customer will end up also paying for the space he has not used.
- Cloud server is scalable ,one can add more resources to the server like RAM,processors for data backup ; VPS is not scalable in this regard.
- Cloud hosting is more complex than VPS hosting in terms of configuration ; in VPS hosting as the server partition is isolated and the data is stored in one centralized location, one can customize and configure the environment exactly how they want.
- Cloud Hosting is highly flexible and the resources are spread across multiple machines making it highly available ; the flexibility feature is not available in VPS hosting.
- Cloud hosting is most suitable for businesses where there are chances of unpredictable traffic and high resource usage while VPS hosting is most suitable for businesses with predictable traffic.
Linux VPS Hosting